Egusi Powder - 100% Natural, Ground Egusi (African Melon) Seeds in Powder Form - Easy-to-Use, Nutrient-Dense, Gluten-Free - 400g
Egusi Powder, made from the grounded seed of a variety of melon native to West Africa, (Nigerian Ibara) is an incredibly nutrient-rich food:
- high in protein, iron, and healthy fats
- rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, and C
- an amazing source of nourishment for those on plant-based, Paleo, Keto, or other selective diets
- grain-free and gluten-free
- great for traditional African soup recipes, egusi melon seed can also add a slightly nutty taste and thickness to non-African cooking and baking
- No blending or grinding of Egusi seeds needed -- just shake on the powder!
Egusi is a West African name for the seeds of plants like squash, melons, and gourds that, when dried and ground become a staple ingredient in many West African dishes.
Particularly, in Nigerian culture, egusi is popular with pounded yam.
Egusi seeds that are ground to make this powder are rich in healthy fats and protein, and add these essential nutrients into West African Cuisine.