Yolélé Fonio - Gluten Free - High Protein - Ancient African Grain, Vegan, Non-GMO - 10oz
Yolélé fonio is light and fluffy and has a delicious nutty, earthy flavor. A gluten-free, plant-based, Vegan, Soy and nut-free alternative to rice and cous cous. Incredibly nutrient-dense and anti-oxidant rich.
An incredibly nutritious and nourishing ancient African grain, Fonio makes an excellent substitute for rice, quinoa, couscous, and similar grains in cooking where it absorbs seasonings and other flavors nicely. It can even work in place of flour as a gluten-free alternative in baking.
Fonio is light and fluffy and has a delicious earthy essence.
Enjoy this taste of Africa in one of the continent's most nutritious and revered ancient grains. Beloved all over the continent for thousands of years, Fonio is an amazing source of nutrition.
- Fiber, protein, iron, magnesium, potassium, folic acid and B-vitamins.
- high content of anti-oxidants and amino acids not found in most other grains.
- lower in calories than rice and other grains
- Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegan
- Soy Free, Peanut + Tree Nut Free, Egg Free
- Delicious nutty flavor with light fluffy texture
Best of all, this all-natural food is pre-washed and cleaned and cooks quickly in just 5 minutes. So you'll be out of the kitchen in no time.
Other uses: sweeten as hot cereal, soup thickener, replacement for stuffing, use in baking, or as the base of your grain or Buddha bowls and casseroles.